IQMS Virtual Webinars (VTCs)
Get the Most Out of Your ERP Software Investment
Too often, companies invest in a complex manufacturing ERP system, but then fail to take the time to learn all that it can offer. To take full advantage of the multitude of features in EnterpriseIQ and reap the benefits that our comprehensive system can offer, IQMS offers a cost-effective option to ERP training. The IQMS Virtual Webinar program (aka VTC) offers live, online training courses open to customers throughout the globe at a fraction of the cost.
Unlike Virtual Workshops, which are intended for single organizations focused on their unique requirements, Virtual Webinars are open to all EnterpriseIQ users. The curriculum and content will be defined and developed by IQMS staff to meet the dynamic needs of the overall client base.
Customers connect over the Internet to a live, virtual training session lead by an IQMS instructor. The virtual webinar will be presented in the same manner as the IQMS classroom training courses. A presentation using a structured outline will be followed. The session will close with a question and answer period to allow interaction between the trainer and all attendees.
While not intended to replace the traditional on-site training experience, virtual training courses supplement the current training offerings and provide many benefits including:
- Greater Availability - Courses are available to any customer anywhere. Organizations with large video displays can have many people attend the sessions and participate in the open question and answer sessions.
- Expanded Course Offerings - Because training sessions are not limited by facility availability, the frequency and subject matter of the courses will continue to grow and evolve to address the evolving needs of the EnterpriseIQ user base.
- Reduced Training Costs - Virtual webinars eliminate the cost of traveling to a training facility. The low cost per hour for each host connection substantially lowers the cost per attendee.
- Peer Communication - The open question and answer session at the end of each VTC session offers users the opportunity to learn from the experiences of their peers as well as the IQMS instructor.
What are the requirements?
There are just two basic requirements to be able to take advantage of Virtual Webinars:
1) Direct Internet Connection. The end-user PC must be connected to the Internet via an IP address. Virtual Webinars do not work with a dial-up modem connection to the Internet. Dial-up is generally too slow and unreliable in a training environment. For best connection results, IQMS does not support modem connections for virtual training.
2) Voice Line. A voice line must be available in the same location as the PC that will host the training session. This allows users to communicate with the trainer and other users participating in the session.
How does it work?
Just like other training options, Virtual Webinar sessions are scheduled events with a limited number of connections available. Customers register for Virtual Webinars on the Webinar registration form and will receive an acknowledgment of enrollment with session login information. At the pre-scheduled time, users and the trainer will connect to the remote session on the IQMS server, as well as dial into a phone connection to handle voice communication. It's that easy!
Courses are offered at a cost-effective rate per hour for each host connection. Courses will range from one to three hours in length. (Note: A 50% cancellation fee applies if canceling 48 hours prior to the reserved session. Rates are subject to change).