Statistical Process Control (SPC)
To compete in business, companies must be committed to improving quality. EnterpriseIQ's Statistical Process Control (SPC) module enables real-time tracking of product and process quality to facilitate continuous improvement efforts. While internal procedures focus on improved processes, SPC helps you track quality in manufacturing parts.
The EnterpriseIQ SPC module, like other Quality Software modules, gathers part data from other EnterpriseIQ manufacturing and ERP software modules as it is entered on the plant floor, allowing for the immediate input and analysis. EnterpriseIQ's SPC module gathers variable and attribute data, allowing for the input and analysis of data as both subgroups and individual data, and includes key functions such as:
- Inspection Plans. Input and maintain dimensions to track process capability, determine lot acceptability, or conduct First Article Inspections. In addition, inspection instructions can be maintained along with special notes to help ensure operator consistency.
- CMM Import. Import CMM data automatically from PCDMIS output directly into EnterpriseIQ SPC.
- Quick Inspections enable operators to easily enter data from the launcher bar, ShopData, AssemblyData, FabData and/or hand-held PDA to complete statistical analysis.
- Track, maintain, measure, and perform calibrations on gages and devices. Links are embedded directly to Preventative Maintenance and data ports so measurements are automatically updated in SPC and Quick Inspection.
- Gage Repeatability and Reproducibility (R&R) provides the user with the necessary tools to conduct measurement system analysis to assess the accuracy of gages and operators in measuring parameters (average and range method for measurement system analysis and X bar and R charts).
- Statistical Process Control charts are generated based on the type of data and include X bar-R charts for subgroups, X-MR charts for individuals, histograms for both types of data, and p and np charts for attributes.
- Values for Cpk, Ppk, Cr, control limits, etc. are tailored to the type of data entered and are provided in an easy to read summary form each time a chart is generated.
- The real-time Control and Trend Chart and Quick Inspection features give operators a real-time view of process performance.
- Enables data collection using measurement gages/devices with a data port.
- Visual color coding and audible warnings if measurements are out of specification.
- Charts and data are exported directly to Microsoft Word®, with the added ability to export data directly to Excel® for further analysis via third party graphing and analysis tools.