Advanced Planning and Scheduling Software for Manufacturing Companies
Scheduling your shop floor should not be a complicated affair involving long meetings every morning spent shuffling spreadsheets, only to have a new incoming order send you back to square one. With IQMS’ robust APS Software, start attaining an optimal schedule that minimizes downtime and ensures all the resources you need to deliver a product are in place when you need them. Schedule in seconds for a single facility or your entire organization.
As a core component of EnterpriseIQ's Manufacturing Software System, the Advanced Planning and Scheduling module takes into account every aspect of your business, including identifying plant capacity and generating a detailed production schedule from an organization level, down to a plant level and even down to the specific manufacturing work cell to meet delivery goals. The APS software engine accurately and efficiently manages all resources necessary to meet manufacturing demand, while maintaining lean inventory levels. This high performance engine runs in minutes instead of hours to include complete material, capacity and labor requirements for items manufactured internally, through third party vendors, as well as sub-assemblies.
IQMS' Robust APS software offers:
- Global visual scheduling that provides a graphical view of your entire manufacturing production schedule to quickly identify the best start time, and the best machine usage, as well as identifying the availability of other necessary constraints such as tools and sub-assemblies.
- Level load scheduling with Heijunka and Kanban tools.
- Drag and drop functionality that allows unscheduled work orders to be added to the work center schedule quickly and easily.
- Ability to schedule an entire work order, including sub-assemblies and secondary operations, as well as outsourced/purchased parts.
- Drill-down capability for access to manufacturing job details such as work center, labor, materials, scrap rates, setup times, yield efficiency, parts per calculations, etc.
- Color coding throughout the scheduling and capacity features help you quickly identify jobs and resources that are on time, late, or nearing the "late" status.
- Advanced auto-finite scheduling option takes the guesswork out of meeting deadlines by arranging work requirements by delivery date, most efficient work center, and more.
- Highlighted demand vs. forecasted work orders.
- Exceptions lists to quickly identify materials and tools associated with a work order that will be unavailable or need to be expedited to meet the desired schedule.
- "Runs the Best" functionality that quickly identifies which machines will run a job most efficiently based on actual past production information.
- Automatic loading of the manufacturing schedule with work orders based on priority and "runs the best" machine information.
- Flexible safety lead time features that are defined per customer and specify the number of days prior to the must start date that the system should schedule the production run.
- Schedule adjustments can be set to automatically account for unplanned events such as: changing customer requirements, machine downtime, slow machine performance, unavailable raw materials or pertinent adjustments from other modules within EnterpriseIQ ERP system.
- User-defined "time fences" that protect the current schedule against repositioning.
- Drill-down to specific capacity and material requirements to ensure all material/parts needed to complete the schedule.
- Compare material consumption against existing inventory in the daily projected requirements form.
- Infinite scheduling functionality allows for flexible work center scheduling, dispatch list prioritization, and operator scheduling.
- Rough cut capacity tools compare work center daily and weekly required hours to available hours to ensure optimal performance.
- Labor capacity planning to help determine future demand for labor resources as compared to the standard.
- Schedule preventative maintenance work orders for accurate downtime schedules.