IQMS Releases Tier I Advanced Warehouse Management System
Directed task monitoring, wave management, dock scheduler, expected receipts and slotting optimization modules among the highlights of the new WMS package
PASO ROBLES, CALIF. – April 21, 2015 – IQMS, a leading manufacturing ERP software and MES authority, today announced the release of its advanced warehouse management system (WMS). A rule-based directed pick and put away distribution system that rivals Tier 1 WMS programs, Advanced WMS was a collaboration between IQMS, Tessy Plastics Corporation and supply chain solution consultant, Blue Horseshoe.
New features in the Advanced WMS package include:
- Directed Task Monitoring System: Reduce labor and save time with rule-based, directed pick up and put away transactions
- Wave Management: Drive productivity gains with task interleaving tools that replace deadhead trips with milk runs for JIT pick up
- Dock Scheduler and Staging: Schedule one dock or two dozen based on pick tickets or expected receipts with this graphical calendar display
- Expected Receipts: Easily manage expected receipts based on vender ASN information or PO releases
- Slotting Optimization: Assign inventory classes to your items and then store them in the most optimal locations in your warehouse based on speed of movement. Reduce out of stock and expired materials or parts with LIFO, FEFO and FIFO options
What sets IQMS' Advanced WMS package apart is the fact that it is native to the IQMS ERP solution. Rather than integrating a third-party WMS into a core ERP package, IQMS customers gain the capabilities of a Tier 1 WMS solution with the added benefits of a being completely integrated into an ERP solution for business-wide traceability, accountability and efficiency.
"Our experience streamlining manufacturers' supply chains has allowed Blue Horseshoe to work with a number of top tier warehouse management systems," said Chris Femia, vice president of Blue Horseshoe’s Strategy Division. “We have always insisted that industry best practices guide our decision making, not what might be perceived as a system limitation. With Tessy Plastics, we focused first on best practices, then on incorporating best-in-class WMS functionality, with an eye toward the future. The result is a strategically evolving first-class WMS package."
The Advanced WMS package is compatible with EnterpriseIQ 2014.2 or subsequent versions.
For more than 25 years, IQMS has been designing and developing manufacturing ERP software for the repetitive, process and discrete industries. Today, IQMS provides a comprehensive real-time ERP software and MES solution to the automotive, medical, packaging, consumer goods and other manufacturing markets. The innovative, extended single-database enterprise software solution offers a scalable system designed to adeptly grow with the client and complete business functionality, including accounting, quality control, supply chain, shop floor, WMS, CRM and business. With offices across North America, Europe and Asia, IQMS serves manufacturers around the world. For more information, please visit www.iqms.com.