IQReport October, 2017
ISM: US Factory Activity Rose Last Month to Highest Level in 13 Years
Economic activity in the American manufacturing sector expanded in September, at the fastest pace in 13 years, say the nation’s supply executives in the latest Manufacturing ISM® Report On Business®.
Highlights of the ISM September report from Bloomberg News include:
- Factory index climbed to 60.8 (est. 58.1), the highest since May 2004, from 58.8; readings above 50 indicate expansion
- Measure of new orders increased to 64.6, the strongest since February, from 60.3
- Employment gauge rose to 60.3, the best reading in more than six years, from 59.9
- Index of prices paid advanced to 71.5, the highest since May 2011, from 62
Manufacturing Day is Friday, October 6, 2017. What are You Doing to Promote Manufacturing?
Started in 2012, Manufacturing Day (MFG DAY) is an annual celebration of modern manufacturing. Manufacturers invite their communities to their facilities to focus collective attention on manufacturing.
MFG DAY aims to:
- Empower manufacturers
- Change public perception of manufacturing
- Introduce people to manufacturing careers
- Draw attention to the roles manufacturers play in their communities
- Underscore the economic and social significance of manufacturing
10 Steps to Define a Lean Manufacturing Strategy
Making customers and their needs the catalyst that drives the intensity to improve is the defining trait of all successful lean manufacturing strategies today.
Manufacturers who emerge to dominate their industries are ingraining quality into every step of their production process. They attain and stay at high manufacturing quality levels by reflex; it’s become part of their DNA.
One of the best approaches to making high manufacturing quality levels a core part of any company’s DNA is to define and excel at a lean manufacturing strategy.
Featured Research Report
Aberdeen Research: Manufacturing Success through Real-Time Product Traceability
A new Aberdeen Research Report found that manufacturers who rely on ERP to provide real-time visibility in their organization benefit from a series of capabilities related to supporting traceability.
Download the complete Aberdeen Research Report to learn how enabling in your organization can help you:
- Ensure compliance
- Better manage the supply chain
- Eliminate waste
- Deliver quality goods
- Keep your customers happy