January 2016 IQReport
2016 Manufacturing Trends to Watch
It's a new year with new predictions. The Manufacturing Leadership Council recently posted their predictions for 2016, and many of them focused on advancing technology including:
- Manufacturing 4.0 In Action: End-user demands for interconnectivity and software standards will intensify.
- Small Manufacturers to Fight the ‘Digital Divide’: Concerned that they could fall rapidly behind global competitors with greater financial and other resources, SMB manufacturing companies will move more aggressively to develop strategies to embrace Manufacturing 4.0.
- New Technologies Will Push Boundaries: A host of advanced technologies – collaborative robots, 3D printing, simulation, augmented reality, cloud-based software systems, to name a few – will gain a greater share of mind among manufacturers.
- The Rise of the Chief Digital Officer: Many manufacturers will begin to realize that current siloed organizational roles are inadequate for the new digital era of manufacturing and will appoint executives with the cross-functional power to drive digital initiatives.
Click here to read the complete list of Manufacturing Leadership Council predictions.
Upcoming Manufacturing Events
There are several manufacturing events coming up in February. If you are at any of the trade shows below, be sure to stop by the IQMS booth and see how IQMS can help you improve the efficiency of your manufacturing company.
- Feb. 2-4: Expo Manufactura, Cintermex Monterry, N.L
- Feb. 10-12: National Assoc. of Trailer Manufacturers, Las Vegas, NV, Booth 324
- Feb. 15-17: Plastics New Executive Forum, Naples, FL
IQMS Pinnacle User Conference Agenda Now Available
IQMS Pinnacle begins on Tuesday, April 5th, which is less than three months away. We promise, the 2016 User Conference won't disappoint. This year's agenda includes something for everyone, from executives to the plant floor and everywhere in between. Functional and experience level tracks will cover everything from high level overviews to best practices, tips and tricks as well as innovative advance application sessions. New this year will be daily keynotes from industry experts that will touch on trending topics that affect all manufacturers. Click here to view the preliminary agenda.
Just a reminder, IQMS Pinnacle is April 5-7 at Caesars Palace in Las Vegas, NV. Please check the User Conference page on the IQMS website for all the latest updates including, registration, hotel reservation link, and more.
IQMS Named a Top 10 Manufacturing ERP Solution Provider
IQMS was recently selected as one of the Top 10 Manufacturing ERP Solution Providers in 2015, in a list compiled by Manufacturing Technology Insights. "A team of prominent CEOs, CIOs, VCs analysts, along with the Manufacturing Technology Insights' editorial board evaluated scores of ERP solution providers in the manufacturing sector and picked out out a list of prime choices," including IQMS.
The article states "[T]he versatile platform makes the plant floor more efficient, meaning fewer employees are required to run a cluster of works centers, and can be leveraged by clients in a diverse verticals."
Customized Innovation: Creating an Automated Shop Floor>
Customized innovations on the shop floor are the way of the future for many companies seeking greater operational efficiency and to boost market differentiation in today's competitive marketplace. However, manufacturers will need the right tools and partners to innovate successfully.
Download our whitepaper, " Customized Automation: Finding the Tools to Automate" to learn more about the automating your processes, complete with examples of real-life customized applications that helped five manufacturers make production faster, easier and more accurate. Download now!