IQReport January 2018
Manufacturing in US Caps Best Year Since 2004
U.S. manufacturing expanded in December at the fastest pace in three months, as gains in orders and production capped the strongest year for factories since 2004, the nation’s supply executives said in the January 3rd Manufacturing Institute for Supply Management (ISM) Report On Business.
- Factory index climbed to 59.7 from 58.2 a month earlier.
- The gauge of new orders advanced to 69.4, the highest in nearly 14 years, from 64.
- And the measure of production increased to 65.8, the strongest since May 2010, from 63.9
The acceleration in bookings indicates production will remain robust in coming months as factories race to limit mounting order backlogs amid declining customer inventories. Increasing export orders underscores improvement in global markets.
Top 10 Manufacturing Trends for 2018
The top ten trends transforming manufacturing today are going to accelerate in 2018 as customers, suppliers and partners force greater agility, speed, and scale into every aspect of production operations.
Expect manufacturing trends for 2018 to focus on meeting and exceeding those challenges with the best product quality possible to drive the most efficient path to higher growth.
IQMS Named a Winner at the ERP Writers' Awards 2017
IQMS is honored to have been awarded the Silver Award in the Best Vendor Blog category at the ERP Writers’ Awards 2017.
The ERP Writers’ Awards were launched in 2013 by ERP Focus to recognize top writing talent across the ERP industry from all types of publications, with categories for both vendor and independent blogs, and for individual writers. The final results were decided by a combination of recommendations from the judges and a public vote.
Two New Consulting Firms Added to the IQMS Global Partner Network
IQMS recently added two new consulting firms that will expand the global support network for IQMS ERP and MES software.
- Oregano Information Systems, a leading Israel-based consulting firm with deep expertise in enterprise resource planning (ERP),will lead the sales, support and implementation efforts of IQMS in Israel and the surrounding markets. Click here to learn more about the Oregano partnership.
- BUTON eBusiness Solutions is a software consultancy with deep expertise in supply chain and manufacturing solutions. Headquartered in Istanbul, Turkey, BUTON will lead the sales, support and implementation efforts of IQMS across Southern Europe as well as the Mediterranean, including Africa and the Middle East. Click here to learn more about the BUTON partnership.
How to Create a Product Quality Roadmap
Excelling at product quality is the one aspect of any manufacturing operation that will:
- Win more customers
- Gain customer and prospects trust
- Improve a company’s reputation faster than any price move or promotional program.
Begin 2018 by developing a product quality plan that will help ingrain product and process quality into the DNA of shop floor to top floor operations to create new opportunities to excel at exceeding customer expectations.
Read our new ebook, How to create a Quality Product Roadmap to learn how. Download Now!