August 2020 IQReport
Reinventing the Organization for Success in the Post-COVID-19 Era
When the coronavirus pandemic erupted, companies had to change to succeed. They had to increase the speed of decision-making while improving productivity, using technology and data in new ways, and accelerating the scope and scale of innovation. And it worked.
A recent McKinsey & Company article highlights nine actions organizations can take to get things done fast and well to streamline decisions and processes, empower front-line leaders, and suspend slow-moving hierarchies and bureaucracies. Read McKinsey's complete article, Ready, set, go: Reinventing the organization for speed in the post-COVID-19 era.
Manufacturing Marks the Second Month of Virus Recovery
The outlook for the manufacturing industry continued to recover through July. The Institute for Supply Management's July 2020 Manufacturing Report on Business reported the second month of manufacturing growth and the third month of growth for the economy overall.
The index of new orders rose to 61.5% in July, up 5.1 points from June, as the production index rose 4.8 points to 62.1%. The manufacturing PMI, as well as the new orders and production indexes, are all increasing at a faster rate compared to last month.
“The growth cycle continues for the second straight month after three prior months of COVID-19 disruptions. Demand and consumption continued to drive expansion growth, with inputs remaining at parity with supply and demand,” said Timothy Fiore, ISM CEO. Click here to learn more.
Join IQMS at These Upcoming Webinars:
- Aug 11th, 9 am PT - Plastics News Live: Ask the Expert "Improving Operations" - Techniques to drive continuous improvement with real-time production data. Register Now!
- August 12th, 8 am PT - MPO: How to Increase Agility & Responsiveness in the Medical Device Supply Chain - Lessons learned to increase resiliency in the face of unplanned events. Register Now!
- August 14th, 8 am PT - Your Product Lifecycle Eyes and Ears on the Plant Floor - Learn how DELMIAworks, together with SOLIDWORKS, can help produce higher quality products with fewer errors. Register Now!
New Support Knowledge Base Now Available
The DELMIAworks support team is pleased to announce the availability of the new Support Knowledge Base. The Knowledge Base is a 24/7 self-service support resource to help customers quickly answer questions, troubleshoot errors, and resolve issues that arise in the day-to-day use of IQMS (DELMIAworks).
The searchable repository includes over 10,000 support articles created from actual customer questions and issues received through technical support calls, chats, and emails. The Support team has been building and utilizing this Knowledge Base daily, resolving over 50% of support cases via a published article. There is a good chance you will find what you need in less time than it takes to make a phone call. Click here to learn more.
Improving Production Performance with Real-Time Monitoring
Manufacturers are continuously challenged with improving time to market while reducing production costs and increasing quality. Real-time monitoring is essential for synchronizing the manufacturing environment and providing vital feedback to help:
- Identify what products are the most efficient, producible and profitable to build
- Improve the performance and reliability of every machine on the shop floor
- Reduce production errors and costs
- Prolong the useful life of machinery
Download the whitepaper, How to Improve Production Performance with Real-Time Monitoring, to learn how your manufacturing organization can become more resilient, responsive, and profitable. DOWNLOAD NOW!