- Complete visibility and traceability
- More effective and efficient audits
- Quick access to all part info from the sales order to the packing slip
- A centralized system to monitor order entry, tooling, production, and quality
Maintaining a paper-based quality control program with multiple filing systems was creating challenges for Apple Rubber. Because information was stored in many different locations, countless hours were wasted keying duplicate data into separate places, sifting through files cabinets and sending paper documents around to different buildings for approval. With the implementation of DELMIAworks, Apple Rubber has complete visibility and traceability into all aspects of its business - all in one system.
Multiple Systems Created Challenges & Inefficiencies
Apple Rubber Products, Inc. manufacturers rubber components, such as o-rings and seals, for the medical device and aerospace industries. As an AS9100C, ISO 9001 and RoHS compliant manufacturer with a Class 7 (10000) cleanroom, Apple Rubber understands the importance of quality control, full lot traceability, safety and part reliability.
Maintaining a paper-based quality control program with multiple filing systems was creating challenges for Apple Rubber. Because information was stored in many different locations, countless hours were wasted keying duplicate data into separate places, sifting through files cabinets and sending paper documents around to different buildings for approval. Apple Rubber needed a centralized quality system.
Complete Visibility in One System
Apple Rubber’s manufacturing facilities run on the ERP solution, DELMIAworks (formerly IQMS). A comprehensive software program, DELMIAworks integrates every aspect of the business, from ERP to MES, MRP, financials, order management, quality, WMS, CRM and more, in one single database.
With DELMIAworks, Apple Rubber was able to migrate all of its quality processes under one centralized system. Because IQMS’ range of quality offerings is robust, Apple Rubber can now manage CARs, MRBs, document control, control plans, PPQ submissions, FMEA, gauge calibrations and SPC analysis all in one place.
Complete Visibility and Traceability into all Aspects of their Business
The benefits of Apple Rubber’s embedded quality management system have been large:
- Apple Rubber has gained complete visibility and traceability into all aspects of its business
- The manufacturer has the ability to quickly access all pertinent information related to the part, from the sales order down to the packing slip
- Rather than chasing paper throughout different buildings for approval, Apple Rubber can now use DELMIAworks’ workflow tools to electronically notify personnel throughout the quality chain
- Medical customers are able to audit one system, rather than handling audits in separate buildings and offices, greatly reducing the time spent auditing
- Apple Rubber has had a reduction of IT administrative hours no longer spent updating older, disparate quality
- Apple Rubber gained the ability to drill down in the ERP system to track every aspect of an order, instead of going to multiple filing cabinets where papers were stored
- With the information all in one place, Apple Rubber can perform much more effective audits and easily show requested information immediately
Apple Rubber performs an average of 15 customer audits a year, with projected increases yearly. Apple Rubber is
confident that it can meet that growing demand with little effort. Additionally, Apple Rubber commonly receives
complements from its ISO certification auditors for having a quality system integrated with the ERP.