IQMS Manufacturing Success Award Finalists
The top five nominations for IQMS’ inaugural award impress with innovative, state-of-the-art projects that demonstrate advanced manufacturing leadership
PASO ROBLES, CALIF. – Aug. 7, 2012 – IQMS, a manufacturing ERP software and MES developer with an ongoing, proactive commitment to its product and relationships, today announced the five finalists for its IQMS Manufacturing Success Award. Gill Industries, Inc., Miniature Precision Components, Inc. (MPC), Plastic Components, Inc. (PCI), Plastikos, Inc. and Tessy Plastics Corporation all submitted innovative projects demonstrating leadership, operational excellence and adoption of state-of-the-technology.
In its inaugural year, the IQMS Manufacturing Success Awards were created to recognize a manufacturing project or initiative exhibiting a commitment to industry success and business improvement. Dozens of entries poured in from manufacturers across the globe demonstrating that IQMS clients are indeed changing the landscape of manufacturing in their varied industries. The IQMS Manufacturing Success Highest Achiever honor will be announced at IQMS’ User Group 2012 conference on Oct. 16, 2012 in Las Vegas, Nev. The top five finalist projects are:
- Gill Industries, Inc. completely revamped the layout of its shop floor and then utilized the new flow (in combination with IQMS’ manufacturing ERP and MES software offerings) to achieve inventory locations and movement that provided accurate, real-time information enterprise-wide.
- Miniature Precision Components, Inc. (MPC) implemented a three-phase lean initiative (installation of a new conveyor system, implementation of production reporting stations and establishment of a parts fulfillment system) to improve an antiquated logistics situation.
- Plastic Components, Inc. (PCI) recently created a completely “lights out” manufacturing plant that operates without human intervention from the central material handling system through the automated box conveyor system utilizing IQMS software and network cameras.
- Plastikos, Inc. created an automated production labeling and tool tracking process that included creating press label stations, implementing automated, real-time production reporting at the press and establishing automated tool tracking through barcode labels with the help of IQMS technology.
- Tessy Plastics Corporation, in collaboration with IQMS’ Automation group,integrated Bills of Materials (BOMs) directly into its assembly PLCs for automatic part validation to ensure accurate component information and eliminate costly assembly errors as its robots were assembling goods.
“Based on the projects we collaborate on with our clients, everyone at IQMS knew we partnered with innovators, but we were so impressed by the magnitude of the projects,” said Randy Flamm, CEO at IQMS. “From both large and small companies that specialize in every industry we serve, the nominations we received demonstrated that our customers truly are influential, commanding manufacturing leaders. We are proud to be a part of their success and to offer this opportunity to celebrate their achievements.”
To maintain an unbiased environment, IQMS utilized an external panel of expert judges to select its 2012 highest achiever. Predrag (PJ) Jakovljevic, principal analyst at Technology Evaluation Centers, Jeff Mengel, partner at Plante & Moran, Gary Mintchell, co-founder and editor in chief of Automation World, and R “Ray” Wang, principal analyst and CEO at Constellation Research, Inc. generously offered their time, industry expertise and thoughtful insight in selecting the winner.
For more information about the IQMS Manufacturing Success Award finalists and an in-depth look at their nominations, please visit: http://www.iqms.com/manufacturing-award/
Since 1989, IQMS has been designing and developing manufacturing ERP software for the repetitive, process and discrete industries. Today, IQMS provides a comprehensive real-time MES and manufacturing ERP software solution to the automotive, medical, packaging, consumer goods and other manufacturing markets. The innovative, single-database enterprise software solution, EnterpriseIQ, offers a scalable system designed to adeptly grow with the client and complete business functionality, including accounting, quality control, supply chain, CRM and eBusiness. With offices across North America, Europe and Asia, IQMS serves manufacturers around the world.
Daniele Fresca, Director of Marketing IQMS
« Back to News Index