IQMS Manufacturing & ERP News - June 05, 2013
IQMS and Customer Nicolet Honored With Prestigious Manufacturing Awards
The manufacturing community recognized IQMS for advancing manufacturing technology and IQMS customer Nicolet Plastics as the 2013 Manufacturer of the Year (small enterprise) at the prestigious Manufacturing Leadership Awards. Nicolet was recognized with Ford Motor Company (large enterprise winner) for having carried out the most transformative projects reviewed this year...more
New Video Highlights How EnterpriseIQ SolidWorks Add-In Maintains Data Integrity Between Both Systems
IQMS recently added a new video to our software demo library that highlights how the SolidWorks add-in integrates EnterpriseIQ manufacturing ERP software into the SolidWorks software instead of interfacing with it via a linking program or other import/export functionality.
See how EnterpriseIQ menus and toolbars can be launched directly from within SolidWorks to create engineering change orders (ECOs), cross-populate the inventory, and access bills of material (BOMs), project management and preventative maintenance modules. Learn how to access the EnterpriseIQ document control system from within SolidWorks to check documents in and out, create workflows and track document and revisions history and more.
Frost & Sullivan Report Highlights Five Manufacturers' Use of IQMS ERP and MES Software to Achieve Excellence
A recent report published by Frost & Sullivan highlights IQMS customers' commitment to using innovative technologies and EnterpriseIQ software to refine and improve key business processes and, ultimately, achieve a competitive advantage. Customer projects include:
- Nicolet Plastics - Quick-response manufacturing strategy and the relentless emphasis on lead-time reduction for complex manufacturing.
- Plastic Components Inc. - 24/7, lights out facility that delivers higher-quality products at a lower cost to fight off global competition
- Plastikos, Inc. - Automation initiatives on the plant floor and sustainability efforts to reduce costs, cut lead times and improve customer satisfaction
- Thogus Products Co. - Embracing a range of emerging technologies to develop new global markets and triple sales since 2009.
- Tribar Manufacturing LLC - Software implementation strategy resulting in $350,000 savings in inventory, improved order management, and increased assembly productivity by 20%
Manufacturing Company Custom Profile Realizes 0 Shipping Errors for 3 Years with IQMS
Custom Profile, a profile extruder based in Grand Rapids, Michigan, has a notable company motto: It strives every day for zero product defects and 100 percent on-time delivery. Realizing their current business system(s) would not allow them to meet these goals they made the switch to a system that could, EnterpriseIQ.
Having made the selection, Custom Profile wasted no time getting started and fully implemented all of EnterpriseIQ’s business critical modules in five short months on time and under budget. Since implementation Custom Profile has seen significant improvements to their business including:
- 99.99+ percent on-time delivery
- 0 shipping errors from incorrect quantity or item selection
- Reduced scrap saving in excess of $100,000 annually
- Savings of $35,000 annually in data entry time
- Reduced labor required to ship product by one person (~$36,000 annually)
- Optimized production scheduling resulting in zero wasted production time or materials
- Improved visibility, accuracy and accountability on the plant floor
IQFeature of the Week -- Cost of Quality
Did you know that...EnterpriseIQ can identify how costs associated with poor quality affect your bottom line?
Businesses lose money every day because their product or service was not done right in the first place. In some cases, this can run from 15 to 30 percent of their total costs. The EnterpriseIQ Cost of Quality module will help to drive tighter cost control by allowing manufacturers to identify and eliminate poor quality and high production costs in areas such as rejects, unscheduled machine downtime, and returns or reworking. Contact IQMS for more information on how you start improving your plant efficiency.
Recent Blog Posts: